2 million in federal grants for two shock-related studies.

The red blood cells consist of hemoglobin molecules that transportation 98 % of the oxygen in blood. The other 2 % of oxygen in bloodstream is normally carried in plasma. Senior VCURES Fellow Roland N. Pittman, Ph.D. Pittman has developed an optical strategy to measure oxygen flow in blood vessels less than 100 microns in size, capillaries so little they are visible just under a microscope. This consists of its prevention, pathophysiologic basis, treatment and diagnosis.. $3.2 million for just two shock-related studies A Virginia Commonwealth University study group has been awarded $3.2 million in federal grants for two shock-related studies, one with battlefield implications and the other for emergency medicine. The U.S. Department of Protection awarded the VCU Reanimation Engineering Shock Middle, or VCURES, a $1.3 million cooperative contract to review and design a way for soldiers injured in combat to survive devastating blood loss when medical facilities are far away.When we proceeded to go for transfusion on August 9, the doctors asked us to find the HIV test done. The result was positive, Sheikh told the paper. The doctors, blood lender staff and hospital superintendent said, ‘It offers happened, what can be done?’ Sheikh sold his motorcycle and television to cover his daughter’s monthly blood transfusions and medicines.

Adding protein to a sports drink won’t cause you to race faster Adding protein to a sports drink won’t cause you to race faster, suggests findings from researchers at McMaster University.